Naiades expert group gathers on 18 February
20 January 2019
The European Commission, Member States representatives and stakeholders gather on 18 February to discuss the EU action programme for inland waterway transport and its measures.
The Naiades expert group covers
- the mid-term status of the 2nd Naiades action plan 2014-2020
- measures planned up to 2020
- priorities for the next period 2021-2027.
Transport ministers already expressed their priorities in their council conclusions of December 2018.
Naiades deals with:
- Quality infrastructure
- Quality through innovation
- Smooth functioning of the market
- Environmental quality through low emissions
- Skilled workforce and quality jobs
- Integration of inland navigation into the multimodal logistics chain
In September 2018, the Commission published the mid-term status of 2nd action plan:
- Commission Staff Working Document on digital inland navigation
- Mid–term progress report on the implementation of the NAIADES II action programme for the promotion of inland waterway transport (covering the period 2014-2017)
- CEF support to Inland waterways
- Inland Navigation market report 2014-2017